I’m Shehnaz, an NHS and Freelance Registered Dietitian. Providing accessible and reliable Nutrition advice is my passion. This became my goal after personal and professional experiences, highlighting the need for access to qualified Nutrition professionals.
I have completed:
- BSc Food, Nutrition and Health 2008
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics 2013
Since graduating I have also completed the following:
- Dietary management and the low FODMAP diet in IBS, Kings College London 2014
- Health behaviour change techniques for health professionals 2019
- British Dietetic Association Gastroenterology specialist group study day February 2020
My personal experiences in gastrointestinal health led me to gain a deeper understanding of this in my work. As a result, my specialist interests are:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Living with a Stoma (Ileostomy/Colostomy)
- Healthy eating for Cultural Diets
My aim is to help people achieve a balanced diet whilst managing symptoms of conditions. I believe all foods should be promoted as part of a balanced diet.