One of my favourite snacks/meals growing up was a kebab roll. Simple and so satisfying. I recreated this childhood favourite into a plant based kebab. They can be prepared in advance and frozen too for a quick meal or snack!
Save the recipe card and tag me in your creations! I would love to see them!
Butternut Squash Kebabs
- 600 grams Butternut Squash Peeled and chopped
- 1 tin Chickpeas
- 2 slices Bread made into breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Onion chopped finely
- 2 tsp Ginger chopped finely or grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 tsp Garlic Pepper
- 2 Green Finger Chillies crushed
- 1/2 handful Coriander Chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 180degrees/gas mark 4. Place butternut squash into an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil till coated. Roast for 40 minutes till soft.
- Once cooked, place the butternut squash into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly, roll into 12 balls. Flatten the balls in hands or on oven tray.
- To cook, either place back into oven for 15 minutes till crispy or put a small amount of oil into a pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rolls, salad, cheese and chutney!