Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics aims to be transparent in all aspects. The following for information is on what to expect when using this website for information and also when requesting services. This will be updated as required. For policies regarding appointments, please see appointment policies.
- Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics is run by Shehnaz Bashir; a UK Registered Dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Dietetic Association (BDA).
- Shehnaz Bashir aims to use her scientific knowledge, clinical skills and expertise in an accurate and professional manner. In order to ensure that there in transparency and ethical writing/reporting, I have signed up to RDs4DisclosureUK and have pledged to blog with integrity. This means that I am bound by an industry ethical code of conduct and have pledged not to provide false or misleading information.
- If any advertising, product/service reviews or partnerships take place, the following will be adhered to:
- Shehnaz will not make or support unjustifiable statements relating to products or services (as per HCPC and BDA guidelines) or promote one product over another (as per food industry regulations). Any potential financial rewards will not play a part in the advice or recommendations of products or services offered.
- Shehnaz Bashir adheres to the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) UK and Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) guidelines for sponsorship and advertising, which states that it must be made clear when an individual has been paid for a promotional post or product review (i.e. by including #sp or #ad in posts).
- Shehnaz pledges to disclose any sponsored posts, advertising and product reviews whether this be monetary or in the form of free products. Any product reviews or posts will be based on Shehnaz’s own opinion, even if sponsored.
- The information and advice offered by Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics is solely educational and provides general advice only for the adult population.
- Information offered on Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics’ website, blog and social media accounts is not a substitute for seeing a Registered Dietitian or another qualified healthcare professional.
- The availability of services may change, Gutsy Nutrition and Dietetics reserves the right to amend these.
- All opinions on the website are Shehnaz Bashir’s own views, with the aim to provide evidence-based nutrition information.
- Any product/services will be screened prior to featuring to ensure they are of benefit to my followers. I will choose products using the skills obtained in my training as a Registered Dietitian.
- Mentioning a product does not mean the endorsing of that product or over another.
Please email me with any questions about my disclosure policies at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scheduling software 10to8 is used to book telephone and video appointments, payment is taken at the time of booking via Stripe. Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics does not hold, store or have access to payment card details.
- We require a 24 hour notice period for cancellations. Any cancellation within 24 hours will require a late cancellation fee of 50% of the consultation price.
- Those who do not attend an appointment without making contact will be charged the full consultation fee.
Recipes and Special Diets
- It is the responsibility of reader to check labels of ingredients listed for to ensure they are suitable for special diets and/or allergies.
- Recipes in line with special diets, including the low FODMAP diet, should not be used in place of obtaining advice and tailored guidance from a specialist Registered Dietitian.
- Our nominated Data Controller contact is Shehnaz Bashir who can be contacted at email@example.com.
What data we collect and what this is used for:
- This complies with Cookie Law, the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. All Cookies used by our business are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie on our website in accordance. For more information on cookies and adjusting settings, please visit About Cookies.
- If you access our website, technical information including internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log in information, browser type and version time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform is collected. This is anonymised before sharing with Google Analytics to monitor trends on the website.
- Name and relevant contact details which you provide at the time of making an enquiry to make contact with you.
- Data collected from the website is used to provide services to you, deal with an enquiry and assess/understand your requirements. If treatment is commenced, professional clinical record keeping of client information will be commenced using GDPR compliant software Halaxy.
Where and how we store your personal data:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, organisational and security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- As referred to above, our website is hosted by WordPress, no data is stored on our website.
- We do not keep any paper records containing your personal data.
- Our laptops are password protected
- Documents are password protected;
- We use an electronic GDPR compliant system for storing electronic records.
If an enquiry is made, any personal information obtained during the telephone call will be destroyed once the call is complete. Information will only be retained if there is a valid reason for to do so.
If treatment is commenced, records made by Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics relating to the care of a client will be stored for eight years (in line with British Dietetic Association Guidance for Record and Record Keeping).
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection legislation referred to above, you have the following rights:
- We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent, nor will we contact you for marketing purposes unless you give your consent. If you consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes at any stage, you can change your mind at any time by exercising your right to ask us not to contact you by e mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on: email@example.com.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on: email@example.com
How to contact us:
- Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Email: Scotland@ico.org.uk Address: The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland, Queen Elizabeth House, Sibbald Walk, Edinburgh, EH8 8FT
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share Personal Data with:
- In exceptional circumstances information about a client may be disclosed without consent if it is in the public interest to do so. This might be in circumstances where disclosing the information is necessary to prevent a serious crime or serious harm to other people.
- To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business, shares or assets.
External Web Services and Links
We may use external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. We cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers
Website Terms & Conditions
This Website is provided and operated by Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics. These terms were last updated on 18/01/2021. These terms apply for using our Website http://www.gutsynutrition.co.uk.
Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics is a Sole trader, registered with and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), registered office; Health and Care Professions Council, Park House, 184-186 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4BU. Registration number DT27134.
Access to and the use of this Website is permitted subject to the terms set out herein. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to the site and/or suspend or terminate your use without notice or liability. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. By accessing this Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not use this Website. You must accept and comply with these Terms.
- This site is for use in the UK. From time to time, Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics may restrict access to some parts of or the entire site. We cannot guarantee this site will be available at all times or without interruptions. We may suspend or withdraw this site or part of it without notice, at any time.
- We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time and without notice. The material posted on this site is up to date as of 18/01/2021 but is subject to change.
- Information and other materials posted on this site are for general information for the adult population only and are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. Information offered on Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics website, blog and social media accounts is not a substitute for seeing a Registered Dietitian or another qualified healthcare professional.
- Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics therefore disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Specialist advice must be obtained before taking or refraining to take action on the basis of any content on this site.
- Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics does not warrant or guarantee that all services listed or advertised may be available at all times. Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics reserves the right to withdraw or amend any services.
- You may only use our site for lawful purposes.
- You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply of Services.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. [However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
The material published on our website are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
- All content included on the site, unless uploaded by users, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, videos, images and icons is the property of Gutsy Nutrition & Dietetics, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use this Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable UK and international Intellectual Property Law.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use or distribute any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes.
- We are not responsible for any website our site may link to, or the material contained on that site or any material uploaded by other users to or in relation to our site.
Creating a link to our website may only be carried out in accordance with the rules about linking to our site below:
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.