This plant based curry provides fibre and a lot of flavour! It is also FODMAP friendly for anyone following the diet for IBS. Remember to rinse tinned chickpeas thoroughly and stick to recommended portion sizes during the restriction phase of the diet. Using low fodmap veg alongside chickpeas and beans is a good way to do this! It’s important that this diet is only done under the supervision of a dietitian.
Low FODMAP Spinach and Chickpea Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Rapeseed Oil
- 400 grams Spinach chop or blitz in food processor
- 1 tin Chickpeas rinsed thoroughly
- 3 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 4 Spring Onion green part only, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger chopped or grated
- 1.5 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 handful Fresh Coriander chopped
- 4 Mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Add oil, spring onion and ginger to pot, cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat till you can smell the ginger. Then add tomatoes, ground coriander and turmeric. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, either whole or chopped depending on your preference. Then add chickpeas and 1/2 cup water. Cook on medium heat for a further 10 minutes, uncovered. Add salt to taste.
- Add fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with roti or rice!